WARNING: If you believe that cooked food is “evil,” that raw foods have a “life force,” that eating fruit “causes candida,” or that supplements are “toxic,” you probably won’t like what you’re about to read…
“Yes, Malnutrition is Possible on a Raw Food Diet. In fact, it’s PROBABLE if You Follow 99% of Raw Food Plans Available Today!”
Learn the SCIENCE-BASED Way to Eat a Raw Food Diet So You Can Finally Experience Abundant Energy, Optimal Digestion, Superior Nutrition, and Reach Your Ideal Weight
From: Swayze Foster (January 30, 2013)
Hey there fellow raw food enthusiast,
I love eating a raw food diet.
I love how simple it is.
I love how it tastes.
I love how it makes me feel.
I love how clear it keeps my skin.
I love how healthy it keeps my hair.
I love how it keeps me slim and energized.
I love how it keeps me. free from “everyday” illnesses and disease.
What I don’t love is all of the misinformation surrounding eating a raw food diet.
The following is an actual quote from the popular book The Raw Food Detox Diet by Natalia Rose:
Raw foods contain something that cannot be found in any other food: live enzymes…We were born with the capacity to produce a great deal of enzymes and started life with a huge enzyme ‘bank account.’ However, the standard cooked American fare uses up enzymes in digestion without replacing them, and over time we become enzyme impoverished.
I have nothing against Natalia, but this is a load of rubbish. There is absolutely no proof that humans produce a finite number of enzymes or that “enzyme deficiency” causes poor health.
The only “proof” comes from an out-of-date, seriously flawed book published in 1985 called Enzyme Nutrition: The Food Enzyme Concept.
Unfortunately, Natalia isn’t the only raw food educator who promotes this and other pseudoscientific ideas. I would venture to guess that most raw foodists believe that enzyme deficiency causes poor health, that cooked food is “dead” and raw food is “alive,” that cooking makes the minerals in food “inorganic,” and other such unsubstantiated claims.
There are plenty of good reasons to eat raw foods. These just aren’t good reasons.
Eat Raw and Voila? Maybe Not…
The other big problem I have with the raw movement is the focus on what I like to call “eat raw and voila!” Basically, this is the message that as long as it’s raw it’s healthy and as long as you’re eating raw foods, YOU’RE HEALTHY!
Sorry folks, but there’s a lot more to it than that. There are raw foods that you should focus on for optimal health. There are raw foods that should be limited. There are even certain raw foods that should be avoided completely.
Then there’s the deficiency aspect. Just because you’re eating raw foods doesn’t mean you’re meeting your nutritional needs. In fact, it’s much more likely that you aren’t.
As tempting as it may be, you really can’t “eat raw and voila!” As much as people hate to hear it, there really is a wrong way and a right way to eat raw.
Trust me, I’d much rather spout the “eat raw and voila” advice. I’d sell a heck of a whole lot more books if I did!
It’s Time for a Change
It’s time for a raw message that isn’t based on pseudoscience.
It’s time for a raw message that doesn’t promote unhealthy, nutritionally unbalanced eating.
It’s time for…
The Science of Eating Raw
How to Lose Weight, Increase Your Energy, Prevent Disease, & Meet All of Your Nutritional Needs on a Raw Food Diet
The Science of Eating Raw took me more than 12 months to finish and I’m so pleased to FINALLY be able to share it with you! In this 276-page book, you will learn:
- The scientifically-proven way to avoid—and even REVERSE—diseases and disorders like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
- The truth about low-fat milk, lean deli meats, and raw animal products.
- The best protein/fat/carbohydrate combination for health and wellness.
- The 7 UNscientific raw food fallacies that are keeping you from enjoying a raw food diet done right.
- The 10 reasons why a raw food diet rocks for digestion, energy, weight loss, and overall health!
- The best raw food diet for energy, digestion, overall health, and vitality.
- What to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner on a raw food diet.
- The 3 plant foods I rarely ever consume raw and why.
- How to meet your nutritional needs for ALL vitamins and minerals on a raw food diet. Yes, this includes calcium, iron, selenium, zinc, and vitamins D and B12.
- The 3 supplements I take for optimal health and why.
- How 19 raw food enthusiasts were able to lose weight, lower their cholesterol, eliminate allergies, get off their medications, conquer eating disorders, improve their skin, and much more…all from eating a diet focused on fresh fruits and vegetables.
- And more, including healthy raw recipes and a 7-day menu plan!
The Raw Food Movement Needs a Facelift
Excerpt from the Introduction
For far too long, the message from many raw food leaders has been “Cut out cooked foods, eat raw, and voila!” Sorry dear reader, but it’s a bit more complicated than that.
Sure, a lot of people experience tremendous health improvements simply by cutting out cooked foods and gobbling up any raw foods in any amounts they please. But this isn’t a good long-term strategy. Eating a 100% raw diet does not guarantee nutritional sufficiency.
Yes, malnutrition is possible on a raw food diet. In fact, it’s probable if you follow 99% of raw food plans available today!
My goal in writing this book—besides selling a billion copies and making beaucoup bucks, of course—is to teach you all you need to know about thriving with a raw food lifestyle in today’s modern, non-raw world.
It’s simpler and easier than you may think.
- Chapter 1: Why Vegan? — In this first chapter, I offer an in-depth look at meat, dairy, eggs, and fish and I show all the reasons why a vegan diet is superior.
- Chapter 2: Why Low-Fat? — In chapter two, I explain why eating a vegan (or mostly vegan) diet isn’t the only parameter for eating healthfully, as well as all of the fact-based reasons why it’s so important to keep your fat intake low.
- Chapter 3: Why Raw? — In chapter three, I bust through the most popular raw food myths and then share with you the top 10 REAL reasons why a raw food diet truly RAWKS.
- Chapter 4: All Raw Foods Are Not Equal — Think all raw foods are the same? In this chapter, I’ll tell you the 3 foods I rarely (if ever) consume raw and why.
- Chapter 5: The Best Raw Food Diet for Health and Vitality — Just eat raw and voila, right? Wrong. In chapter five, I show you how to do the raw food diet correctly. I even provide a 7-day meal plan with recipes so you can see exactly what it all looks like in practice.
- Chapter 6: How to Avoid Nutritional Deficiencies With Raw Foods — The big one! This is the chapter where I go through every single essential nutrient and show you how much you REALLY need and how to meet these requirements on a raw food diet.
- Chapter 7: What About Supplements? — I’m anticipating a lot of hate mail for this one! In this incredibly important chapter, I share my own personal story that led me to start supplementing. I also tell you the 3 supplements I take on a regular basis and exactly why I take them.
- Chapter 8: Health Isn’t Just About What You Eat — Bummer, I know. In chapter eight, I explain the most important non-diet-related aspects of health, including why they’re so important and how you can begin improving these areas in your own life.
- Chapter 9: Raw Food Success Stories — Prepare to be inspired, motivated, and teary-eyed. In this final chapter, learn how 19 raw food enthusiasts were able to lose weight, improve their skin, lower their cholesterol, get off their medications, eliminate their allergies, end their disordered eating, and feel younger…all with a healthy raw food diet!
- References — Over 350 scientific references! (over 600 references total)
“I will be using this book as a great teaching tool for many of my patients and clients.”
Swayze Foster’s The Science of Eating Raw is a great resource for those looking to significantly improve their health. Filled with scientific references as well as practical and honest advice on how to succeed on a raw food lifestyle, Swayze delivers guidance that is bound to transform many lives.
I will be using this book as a great teaching tool for many of my patients and clients.
Dr. Samuel A. Mielcarski, DPT, Rehabilitation Specialist
I am glad that we have someone like Swayze in raw food movement who is not afraid to say what she truly thinks is the right thing, even if it means contradicting some dogmas about raw food.
I have been reading her articles and watching her videos for quite some time now and always find them very helpful. When i found out she will have her book coming out I knew already that i just have to have it!
I am a raw food coach myself and as i have seen over the years there is so much misunderstanding around and we need more scientific research in this field.
Excellent work! Thank you Swayze!
“Your food analysis by nutrient and menu is a great idea”
My favorite parts of the book deal with your included personal testimonials and stories. It is important to be real for people and they need to know it is people and not statistics on the diet and there are many people that are thriving. Also, the truth is important, the myth-busting is awesome.
Next, I think it is extremely important to know the naturalness of 80 10 10. Your food analysis by nutrient and menu is a great idea showing how easy it is with the right number of calories, to get the right daily requirements. I proved this myself when being coached by you and analyzing my nutrient intake with the nutrition calculator.
Your Most Common Questions Answered
I’ve done my best to address the most common (and most important) questions in this book. These include:
#1: High Fat or Low Fat?
Should you gorge on fatty foods like nuts and seeds or limit them to a small handful or two? In the Science of Eating Raw, learn:
- The importance of the Omega-6/Omega-3 ratio
- Whether or not nuts can really lower your cholesterol
- All about oils. Are they really the heart-healthy foods we so want them to be?
- How much fat we really need for optimal health
#2: Pounds of Fruit or a Piece a Day?
Should you fill up on fruit or limit yourself because it’s just too much sugar?
If you’re familiar with me and Fit On Raw, you already know that I’m not afraid of fruit.
In The Science of Eating Raw, I’ve tackled all of the top fruit fallacies head-on, including:
- The Fruit Spikes Your Blood Sugar fallacy,
- The Fruit Causes Cancer fallacy,
- The Fruit Causes Candidiasis fallacy, and
- The Fruit Makes You Fat fallacy.
#3: Raw Meat or Raw Vegan?
Is all-plant the way to go or should we eat foods like raw meat, milk, and eggs for optimal health? In the Science of Eating Raw, learn:
- Whether or not raw animal products are really worth the risk
- Whether or not our bodies are really suited for eating and digesting meat
- Which diet most anthropological experts agree our ancestors consumed
- Why drinking milk, raw or not, just doesn’t make sense.
#4: Transitioning: Overnight or Overtime?
Should your transition to a raw food diet be slow or instantaneous? Is it best to go 100% raw right away or gradually? In The Science of Eating Raw, I’ll share:
- My own experience making the switch to a raw food diet
- How my Mom transitioned to a vegan diet and what her experience taught me
#5: All-Raw or Mostly Raw?
Do you have to go 100% raw to get the benefits or is a mostly raw food diet that still includes some cooked foods okay? In The Science of Eating Raw, learn:
- Whether or not eating all-raw is really for everyone
- Whether or not a diet containing cooked food is healthy
- My own personal approach to eating raw
#6: Supplements or No Supplements?
Should we take supplements on a raw food diet or are can our raw diets provide everything we need? In The Science of Eating Raw, learn:
- My own personal experience that changed my view on supplementation
- The 3 supplements I take on a regular basis and why
- The truth about the claim that taking supplements leads to nutrient toxicity
- Whether or not we can really maintain healthy vitamin D levels during the winter months
“The Science of Raw gave me the information that I needed and even better, helped me cure my “melon belly”.”
I am a 35 year old mother of two that has been struggling with raw for the last 2 years. I started raw 4 years ago, the high fat type and lost a ton of weight and stuck to it for over a year. However, I did not feel very good and I KNOW that I began to have deficiencies due to the lack of variety and high amount of fat that I was eating. I would have a salad at nearly every meal, but it was slathered with a TON of olive oil, and in between meals, I would eat nuts. My diet was almost devoid of fruit.
Yes, I did lose weight this way, but I was a skinny fat person. I could eat 4 avocados in one meal! But don’t forget the salt. Everything was coated in a thick layer of salt. I looked in the mirror and saw the same shape in a smaller size. There was no muscular definition, only fat, measured at no less than 25%, even with a 50 pound net loss in weight from the scale.
I started to eat a small amount of cooked food. I did not gain weight. So, I started to eat a lot more cooked food. I started creeping back up the scale, but couldn’t seem to hop back on the raw path. I started to look around for more information.
After I found low fat, high carb, raw vegan, I knew I had found what I was looking for. I jumped right in and this lasted for about, 2 weeks. Then came the cycle between bingeing on cooked foods and eating HCRV [high carb raw vegan], each time I gained more weight.
My family became vegan during this time and it was so easy to just try a little and then a little more. I needed help as I had ballooned up to within 3 pounds of my all-time high weight. I also had reservations about the high carb, low fat raw vegan message. There was a lot of misinformation and I had begun to doubt the healthfulness of this lifestyle.
Enter in two very important books by Swazye Foster: The Science of Raw and How to Conquer Your Cooked Food Cravings Once and for all. I am a big “why” person and there is a lot of myth attached to raw eating and even more to HCRV. The Science of Raw gave me the information that I needed and even better, helped me cure my “melon belly”.
And now, although I have become armed with the power to avoid foods that I know don’t make me feel good. More importantly, I found out WHY I always wanted to stray. Now, I am on the right path and know how to avoid foods that I choose not to eat. I do not feel forced to eat HCRV as I did before by my own betraying body. I feel good about my choices for food.
I am not perfect, occasionally, my fat intake goes up beyond what I should eat, but I know as long as I apply the principals in these two books, I can have the ideal athletic body that I have always wanted as well as clarity of mind and tons of energy.
I am rather early on in this new journey and so far am doing much better than I have in the past. I hope to send an update with my progress in the future.
Thank you Swazye!
Afton Wyoming, USA
“This is a book I can rely on!!”
I’m about halfway through with the book. I’m a bit of a slow reader. But I’m really loving it!
It is difficult to find a book that has all the scientific facts rather than just intuitive beliefs. I really like how it has information from other important books compiled together, that saves a lot of time!!
And also the fact that it features your own experience WITH REAL DATA. That adds very highly to the trustworthyness of the book. I’m actually struggling with iron deficiencies too and finally I can find corroborated info.
This is a book I can rely on!!
“It was a real eye opener.”
The “Science of Eating Raw” really helped me see how many vitamins and minerals were in various fruits and vegetables. It also made me realize how much fat I am consuming and I am not taking in enough calories. It was a real eye opener.
I am definitely making some changes in my diet. I have only been raw for a few months and I am glad I read this book sooner than later. I don’t want to have nutritional deficiencies down the road.
I think this book is great for someone who is new to raw foods or a seasoned raw foodie. It will inform you where to begin or help you correct any deficiencies or over indulgences you may have on your raw journey.
In addition to The Science of Eating Raw book, I’ve included some additional bonus material to help you actually put a raw food diet into practice.
Simple Tips for Raw Food Success
As you’ll soon learn from reading The Science of Eating Raw (if you decide the book is for you, of course), there is a raw food formula for success that relies on 3 main principles.
And while these 3 principles are simple, I fully recognize that following them isn’t exactly easy at first.
That’s why I’ve put together the Simple Tips for Raw Food Success bonus video.
In this 38-minute presentation, I’ll share with you my effective tips for following these 3 important principles so that you can go raw successfully.
The Ripe Fruit Report
If you really want to succeed on a raw food diet, it’s important that you eat your produce when it’s at its peak.
You see, eating your produce ripe isn’t just about flavor. It’s also about nutrition
To get the most vitamins and minerals out of your fresh fruits, you absolutely have to eat them when they’re fully developed, i.e. when they are ripe.
And yes, flavor is important too. I mean, there’s just no comparison whatsoever between a peach that is perfectly ripe and one that isn’t!
But there’s just one little problem. Most people have never tasted a perfectly ripe peach!
The vast majority of people never learned how to choose fruit properly and never ate enough produce to experience the difference firsthand between a perfect piece of fruit and one that’s sub-par.
I was definitely one of those people and it made going raw very difficult for me. Most fresh produce tasted so terribly bland and boring to me.
But once I had that first truly ripe banana, everything changed. I couldn’t believe just how GREAT simple raw food could taste!
So to make sure you avoid the taste-torture that I went through and get the most nutritional and flavorful bang for your buck, I’m passing all this knowledge down to you.
Enter…The Ripe Fruit Report!
This short and sweet raw food resource contains a handy guide for picking ripe fruit. You’ll learn exactly what a variety of common fruits like bananas, papaya, pears, mangoes, peaches, plums, melons, and grapes should look, smell, feel, and taste like when they are at their peak.
And to make sure you never get duped by poor quality produce again, I’ve even provided extra tips and tricks for ripening fruit yourself.
Once you’ve had your fruit at its peak, you’ll never fall for a bland melon or sour mango again!
Live Raw Q&A Call
Just in case you still have questions that need answering, I’m including a live teleconference with yours truly.
This will be a live call where you’ll be able to ask me any question you like about living healthfully on a raw food diet.
And no worries if you can’t make the call. Everything will be recorded and sent to you as an MP3 file.
This call is now prerecorded and available for immediate download after purchase.
More About Me
I’ve been eating a raw food diet based on fresh fruits and vegetables since November 2007. Actually, I first went raw for a couple of weeks in October, but things didn’t go so well. I followed a popular raw recipe book that left me hungry, tired, and overloaded with nuts, seeds, and oils.
After soon discovering a better way to eat raw and adopting that approach, I’ve been rawking it raw and loving it ever since.
But ya know what? Talking about myself and how long I’ve been raw is yet another problem within the raw food movement.
Most raw food educators sell their books, dvds, seminars, etc. based solely on the fact that they’ve been eating a raw food diet for “x” number of years.
While this is important…relying on raw food advice from someone new to the diet would be like relying on weight loss advice from someone with 50+ pounds to lose…it doesn’t automatically mean that the message promoted in these books, dvds, seminars, etc. is any good.
There are many well-known raw food educators today with pretty lousy messages. Some of them promote a raw food diet that isn’t healthy. Some of them promote a raw food diet based on outdated, incorrect research. Some of them even rely on fear-mongering and scare-tactics to get their message across.
So the fact that I first went raw in November 2007 really doesn’t matter in terms of whether or not you should purchase my book. You should purchase The Science of Eating Raw because it will show you how to do the raw food diet correctly, a way that is based on facts.
If you don’t believe me, buy the book and see for yourself. If you don’t agree that this is the best, most rationally-minded resource on eating a raw food diet available…
60-Day Money-Back Guarantee
I’ve Got One Last Thing To Say…
I’m just so proud of this book! As I said, I spent over 12 months working on it…about 6 more months then I anticipated…and it feels so good to finally hold it in my hands.
There’s really nothing like The Science of Eating Raw on the market today. The book is packed with science-based, yet easy-to-understand info on the whys and hows of eating a raw food diet and I really think you’re going to get a lot out of it.
And if you don’t, that’s okay too. Simply contact me within 60 days for a full refund.
Go raw and be fit,
Choose Your Package
Basic Banana Package – $24.95
This package includes only the physical, paperback version of The Science of Eating Raw and costs just $24.95 (plus shipping)
Gold Guava Package – $37
This package includes The Science of Eating Raw (physical and digital) PLUS all of the bonuses. If you don’t want to pay for shipping, choose the digital package that includes the ebook versions and all of the bonuses (no paperback book).
Here’s everything you get:
- The Science of Eating Raw paperback book shipped to you (physical version only)
- The Science of Eating Raw ebook and Amazon Kindle versions, instantly downloadable
- The bonus video Simple Tips for Raw Food Success, instantly downloadable
- The bonus Ripe Fruit Report, instantly downloadable
- The Q&A Call, instantly downloadable
Digital Only (no shipping)
Platinum Papaya Package – $57
This package includes everything found in the Gold Guava Package, plus…
- My raw recipe ebook Low Fat, Fruit Filled, High Fun Raw Recipes
- Frederic Patenaude’s recipe ebook The Top 70 Healthy Salad Dressings You Can Make in Less Than 2 Minutes
P.S. The Science of Eating Raw will show you the science-based way to eat a raw food diet so you can finally experience abundant energy, optimal digestion, superior nutrition, and reach your ideal weight.
If you don’t agree that this is the most rationally-minded resource on eating a raw food diet available, simply contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org within 60 days for a full refund. No questions asked.